How to quickly get support
For technical support on licensed products and evaluation versions, please email email@example.com with at least the following details:
- Name of test suite and version number
- Operating system (e.g. "Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit" or "Fedora 17 64-bit")
- Detailed description of problem symptoms
- Defensics support package with full logs from the time of error, if possible (Help -> Report Defensics 10 issue -> A bug in test suite or user interface / Test suite valid case problem)
- Traffic dumps in pcap format (use Wireshark or tcpdump), if debugging a protocol error or some other behavioural error during testing
Answers to some frequently asked technical support questions
- Make sure you have latest updated version of Oracle Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0 installed before attempting to install or run Codenomicon Defensics.
- If you're using a test suite that performs raw IP or Ethernet socket communications (e.g. OSPF, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, PIM, RSVP, GRE, DVMRP, IS-IS, etc.) on Windows platforms, make sure you have WinPcap installed.
- If you're using a test suite that performs raw IP or Ethernet socket communications (e.g. OSPF, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, PIM, RSVP, GRE, DVMRP, IS-IS, etc.) or if you want to use TCP or UDP ports between 0-1024, please make sure you are running Defensics with Administrator (Windows) or root (Linux) privileges.
- Use valid-case instrumentation, if available. If valid-case instrumentation is not available in the test suite that you want to use, use external instrumentation instead. Instrumentation is necessary to check the health of the implementation after each test case.
- Read through Defensics documentation. It is lengthy but rewarding.